Sunday, November 11, 2007

katydid...trash her dress.

Well, I didn't trash *my* dress...I trashed another Katie's! Trash the dress photo shoots are a new trend in wedding photography. It's a post wedding way to wear your dress and get some interesting pictures in it. There's often a fair bit of controversy around it...messing up a perfectly good, expensive piece of clothing is seen, by some, as frivolous. However, TTD sessions don't have to destroy the dress. Like the one I did today; the dress wasn't anymore ruined than mine at the garden ceremony.

The pictures...


It was totally fun. I learned a lot too. I used Hans dSLR and having a proper camera really did make all the difference, especially for the action shots. The downside was, though, I wasn't used to his camera, so I couldn't properly expose the pictures AND get the shot. At this point, I'll take the shot & try to expose it properly next time. :) Using the 'burst' button was also a lifesaver for the action shots. And, the biggest lesson I learned today: waking up at 6:30am and braving the cold is *totally* worth it. Old Town Alexandria was deserted and the lighting was so warm and flattering.


Some post-shoot pictures:


Tomorrow I'll post about the ISO & exposure. Later, g.

No comments: