Saturday, February 16, 2008

katydid...fall off the wagon.

And got back on!


I forgot to take a picture a day a few times & then I was "too tired" to take then & then it was official: I had broken my resolution.


But now I'm back! Sort of. I don't want to do the picture a day gig if it makes me dread taking pictures. So, I'm amending the resolution: I do my best to take the pictures, but if I truly don't feel like it, I don't have to.


I headed down to the National Mall today. The weather was nice, so what I felt like I ought to be outside. I'm glad I went. While I was unable to a decent photo of my favorite "monument", the DC WWI Memorial, I got some other good shots that made up for it.


I'm finding I rather like landscape photography. Perhaps it's because of all those period-dramas set in the English countryside I watch?!? Which, by the way, I'm lusting after a vacation to the UK. Anyone want to pay me to go & take photos? ;)






And, finally, my favorite shot of the day:

5 comments:

Jules said...

Saw your profile on the nest...you take beautiful pictures!

Theresa said...

I, too, linked here from the Nest. I love your photos. I live in Bethesda, and also love photography, and seeing your shots of DC (and your goal of taking a photo a day) is inspiring. Makes me want to get out and play with my camera more often.

Capitol to Capital said...

These are beautiful!

MPB said...

kastle - your photos are really, really nice!! I love your DC landscape stuff in particular :)

Mrs. Foot said...

I'm adding you on my blog to my favorite blogs ;)