Sunday, December 9, 2007

katydid...make a gummy bear army.

That's right: a gummy bear army.

Back story: I was out getting stocking stuffers (candy...shhhhh don't tell Hans!) during my lunch break and bought some gummy bears for me to keep at my desk. Well, I forgot to take them out of the bag when I got back to the office. On the ride home from work I started thinking about how light might look going through them. They are, afterall, gummy jewels of sugary goodness!

So, feeling inspired, I got home, grabbed a flashlight, my camera, and white paper to put them on. Of course, I ate the poor buggers that wouldn't stand up properly. Gimps. All & all it was an experience in night photography & noise reduction software (my camera is woefully noisy)! It also hightlighted my need for a true macro lense. **sigh** Someday...
Anyhow, some of these turned out super cool, although it appears a bit like they are heading to the Mother Ship.

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is super cute! I was looking at Brad's Christmas legos this morning (don't ask...) and was thinking of doing the same thing.